Since a lot of people are asking me about this setup I thought it would be a good idea to update the setup for H19.
The logic is pretty much identical to part 1 and 2. The differences are the following:
- Pyro sim : I'm using a more modern Pyro workflow.
- Cigarette Smoke Setup : I simplified the logic a bit. More specifically I ditched the Smooth SOP inside the Solver, and replaced it with a way faster Point Wrangle solution.
- Render : using now Karma XPU ! It's so ... so much faster than Mantra. The volume renders just fine in Karma XPU without any shader assignment. I have very briefly and unsuccessfully tried to assign a volume MaterialX Volume shader following these instructions. If anybody succeeds please let me know !
- Trivia : I've added a couple of fun advection experiments :
- advecting a grid to see what happens to the UVs (spoiler : nothing good)
- advecting rows and lines of the same grid.